Wednesday 24 October 2007

Group 1 - Suhlerwerkstatten
John K: I enjoyed the day. The best part of the day was meeting the director and being presented with a gift (biscuits, tea chocolates and ceramic candle holder). I said good bye to the friends I had made, if anyone asked how I enjoyed the placement I said FANTASTIC.
John W: We were making control panels for vacuum cleaners. It was hurting my fingers, so Judith came and helped. We made a good team with Gonzalo. I put in the buttons, Gonzalo added the metal clip and Judith connected the wires. It was a very fiddly job. We finished everything in the morning and after lunch we where asked to go to the Directors office, his Secretary made us coffee. We were given presentation packs.
Gonzalo: Excellent at the placement today, I finished off my job which was assembling vacuum clearer parts and putting them into plastic bags ready for the next stage. When I finished this I then helped John W with his job. The group and I were invited to meet the Director in his office who thanked us for all our work. We were given a goodie bag as an extra thank you
for our help.
Asha: Happy, disco music and dancing. I going to dance with my friends. Dinner 1st. Phone mum and me sister.
Catherine: When we got back from work, we went shopping and I bought myself a pink furry hat and scarf, because it is very cold 1st thing in the morning. the best part of the day was the afternoon getting ready for the disco.
Judith: In the afternoon Waltraud brought Group 2 to see Werkstatten to see what the placement was like. The Director invited students from Group 1 who had now finished their work placement. He asked us all about our college and asked about attitudes in the UK toward people with learning difficulties and disabilities (Waltraud translated), he was very impressed with what he heard and interested in developing further links. He presented the students with a goodie bag and I was given carved wooden picture.


Group 2 - Schleusingen
Kerry Ann: I enjoyed the day. We visited a castle it was 800 years old. We also visited the other work station where group one have been working. I have never been there before, I enjoyed that. Then we went back to our work placement to package saffron which then goes to the supermarkets in Germans and the rest for the world. The we met the Manager (Herr Holland-Letz) he gave us T-Shirt with our photos on - I LOVE IT, then he gave us coffee and cakes.
Sean: It was a good day, i was surprised at breakfast as I was given a birthday cake. We decided to keep it for later and share it with the German students at the disco later in the evening. On our visit to the castle, Scott, Linda and I walked a 140 steps to the top to look at the view. We went back to the placement and I put the spice packets into boxes after sealing them with a label. We were given a T-Shirt with our photo as a thank-you for all our hard work
Scott: We went to a castle, Steffan was our guide. We walked all the way to the top (140 steps) we could see for miles.
Jagdeep: In the morning we went to visit a castle, then we went back to our placement to package spices. In the afternoon we had tea and cake with the Director who thanked us with a T-Shirt.
Martina: It was a really nice day, I will miss being here and will miss working with Steffan.
Linda: Ok I'll start with the evening!!! At our accommodation our host students had a disco. This started at 6.00pm. The students from EHWLC were the first on and last off the dance floor. Our German hosts took a while to warm up, but once they started to dance there was no stopping them. Like most parties people are stuck in their own little groups, but as the evening wore on every one mixed. Peter the house manager arrived and that's when the parts took off.
Waltraud: It was nice to see there was no barriers between the German and UK participants.

2 comments:

Liz Griffiths said...

I'm glad to see that you are finding time to have fun at the disco as well as work hard. Did they have karaoke as I know John K likes that! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Liz Griffiths

Gloria said...

So pleased to hear all th epositive comments on a very well planned trip.
Cannot wait to try the Carribbean Chicken dish that John K helped create.
Looking forward to seeing the birthday boy on Friday.
Enjoy your last few days on this amazing holiday.