Monday 22 October 2007

Monday 22 October 2007

Group 1 ~ Suhler Workstatten

John K~ I finished the job i started last Friday then later we watched a slide show about London which Waltraud had made. Then we watched one about Germany. It was brilliant, fantastic.
John W ~ I'm looking forward to going home.
Gonzolo ~ I was putting screws into wooden rings. I had to make sure they where done up tightly, I completed about 20. Then, after lunch we stayed in the canteen to watch a slide show, which included pictures of Big Ben, the London Eye, Tower Bridge and our College. Then we looked a German sites and Tourist Attractions.
Asha ~ Work! good. Lunch soup. Phoned mum said hello to sister, nice tea, happy and early night.
Catherine ~ I put things in a box and then stickers on it. It was quiet easy. There was a hot dog for lunch. Dinner was nice, I bought some juice and I am going to keep it in the fridge which is in my room.


Group 2 ~ Schleusingen

Sean ~ I enjoyed the Nordic walking in the Thuringen forest. We had walking sticks (like skiing sticks). It was nice to drive through the villages and see the houses.
Scott ~ We went in the forest doing Nordic walking, it was alright but I was worn out. We went back for lunch and I had pudding.
Martina ~ Very enjoyable, the walk was nice.
Jagdeep ~ We where packing boxes, we worked as team and we completed most of the work there.
Kerry Ann ~ I was doing the job of the supervisor, I used my initiative. Stephan (the Supervisor), had to keep going off as he needed to drive other walkers to the meeting place in the forest.
Judith ~ The drive through the villages to the Thuringen forest was spectacular, the trees are mixture of yellows, greens, oranges, reds and browns. It was just beautiful.

4 comments:

Trisha Keaveny said...

I look forward to hearing about John K's 'invisible me' list when you are back. Everyone seems to be having a great time but John W sounds home sick! Enjoy the experience. Trisha K

Brenda Griffiths said...

Great to read the comments. What a wonderful opportunity for the students (and staff). Lots of comments relate to food as to be expected, but lots about the new experiences. I look forward to talking to Sean and Scott when they get back.

Bernie Bell said...

Just logged on for first time and really enjoyed reading about this wonderful trip and work experience for everyone. Cant wait to hear from John K all about it.Now that I have logged on, will look forward to following the rest of the trip through the blog.

Bernie Bell (John K's sister)

Sue said...

Have you all been too busy to post anything for the last couple of days? Look forward to hearing what has kept you so occupied.